I'm frustrated. I just went to see a hand specialist, and he didn't really tell me anything new that I didn't already know. I guess on one hand (pun intended) I'm relieved that nothing is seriously wrong, but I knew that before - my doctors would've picked up on that. It's just annoying that my only option is to try to work things out a little bit via PT -- which I've already been doing on my own and I've come to a plateau. He said it could take up to 6 months to a year for those kind of injuries to fully settle, and that I should try to avoid as much as possible hyperextending my wrist and putting weight/pressure on my hand. Great, I'm in muscular therapy school. We don't really tend to do techniques that put our wrists in compromising positions, but still - I can feel it when it's just at a normal position too. And I don't know what to do about yoga... were I not at MTI, I might just suck it up and do it but I don't want to fuck up my hand now that it's going to be my profession. So I have a feeling yoga is out for a long time.... at least power yoga, anyway. I won't be able to do a good portion of the class because so much of it is based on sun salutations. Maybe I'll have to look around for other yoga classes to take. Boo.
Other than that, things are okay. I just recently started getting excited about Christmas, despite the lack of funds. I care less and less about presents every year (though they're really fun to give), and just want to partake in the lights, music, candle-burning, baking part of it all.
As for the job thing, I did get an email from the Harvard lady today, asking me for some references. That's an encouraging sign! I'm anxious to get the ball rolling on that - hopefully they'll want me, and hopefully they'll want me to start after the holidays.
The pesky eye twitch has made a reappearance today. Don't know why... thought I had shaken it. Ahh well. Perhaps it's getting in one last hurrah before finally abating.
2 comments:
The hand thing sucks! Have any of your teachers mentioned any ideas about that? Is it OK for you to do massages? Definitely stay away from power yoga but what about something gentler?
Yay on the Harvard job! It's an excellent sign that they want references and if they do hire you, there's a good chance it'll be after the holidays...paperwork, etc.
Your ever-lovin' Momma
Oh, I hope you're right, Mom! I'm getting nervous that there's been no contact on the job front...
As for the massage, it's okay. I'll be worried a bit more when we get to deep tissue stuff, though. The hand doc said to check back in with him in a few months if it doesn't get better. Grrrrr!
Post a Comment