I did it, I finally did it!! I got my very first tattoo. And I'm so, so excited I can barely stand it. It's simple -- a venn diagram (three interlocking circles); where two circles share the same space, it's shaded grey, and where all three circles share the same space (once, in the middle), it's colored black. And where the circles don't overlap with any other, it's empty. Kind of looks like this, only imagine no words or percentages. And where it's blue in the pic it's black or grey on me. It's between my shoulder blades, about 1.5 inches in diameter. Hot damn, do I love this thing. Thanks to M and L for going with me!
Here's what I like about venn diagrams (taken from www.venndiagram.com):
2. Venns help you describe and compare the elements and characteristics of items.
These include
Events
People
Situations
Wants
Ideas
Concepts
3. To create a Venn, you can ask yourself...
--What do I know about this situtation?
--What are the 3 most important elements of this situation?
--What characteristics do the elements have in common?
--What characteristics do the elements not have in common?
4. What makes Venns very interesting is the overlap areas.
It's fairly easy to put labels on each of the 3 circles. but it's the overlap areas that stimulate the person, at least in the way we use Venn Diagrams at TeleClass.com and Coach University.
The overlap areas are even more poweful than the circles themselves. Life occurs in the overlap areas. The overlap areas are where the 'truth' is. So, one uses Venn Diagrams to identify or present truth.
5. Ask yourself these questions to help label the overlap areas are:
1. What is the byproduct of this circle and that circle?
2. What is the synergy that occurs in this overlap?
3. What's the feeling that emerges when both circles are present at the same time?
4. What's the synthesis of circle A and circle B.
3 comments:
Congrats! I love it, especially with the shading. Can't wait to see it.
Very cool. I think it's great to have a tattoo that means something to you rather than just picking something out of the drawings on the wall.
I've got three tattoos. I've always loved three. But I've been itching to get another - from a photo that I took of graffiti in Iceland. I don't know though, I'm almost thirty. Maybe I'm getting too old for tattoos.
Ooh, no way! I think it's even better to get tattooed the older you get. When I'm old and grey, I plan on early senility, blue hair, and lots of pipe smoking on my wraparound porch, heckling the passers-by. Much more entertaining than the local bingo joint, I'd say...
Post a Comment