Life is okay at this moment. I'm learning how to cope with sadness and deal with anxiety. School is almost over, and there are several fun summer plans in the works. The weather has been hot and sunny, and I've started biking again. And now we're having a huge thunderstorm, with fierce rain and threatening lightning bolts off in the distance. I love this.
It felt so good to be on my bike again. Since Cristi died I have had absolutely no momentum to get my body moving again. I'm slowly starting to get back into the groove, and biking is the perfect segue. I rode around on the Charles river last weekend, by myself, before the world was too noisy. It was a beautiful morning. I know I've said it a million times, but the world really is best viewed from a bicycle. It's the perfect pace to take in your surroundings - you can go fast enough to change the scenery at a good clip; you're pedaling your way around on your own without any stinking motor; and best of all you're out IN nature, smelling all the wonderful (and putrid) smells life has to offer. It's grand.
No comments:
Post a Comment