Sunday, April 23, 2006

Yay! I have a place to live in June! L and I finally got an apartment this evening, in Burlington's south end - which is near my dad and brother and best friend. How awesome is that? It's super cheap, too, which is even better. Our newest plan is to live in this place for one year, and then buy a house. We're really sick of renting, but with moving/instability/wedding/etc. there's no way for us to buy quite yet. Hopefully by next year we'll be more ready.

I've been thinking a lot lately on how much we need a home. Personally, I'm really thrown askew when I don't operate out of a home base. I feel as though the past 5 or 6 months have been a blur; L and I have had most of our stuff in storage, and have lived in 3 different places since Thanksgiving. I am so thrilled at the idea of living in one space for a while (a whole year!) and being able to formulate a new routine and life here in VT. Once we get settled into the apartment, I am marching right down to the Humane Society and getting a cat or kitten. I've wanted a cat (and a dog, but they're trickier) for so damn long - and we finally will live in a place that allows them!

Who ever would have thought these domestic pleasures would make me so excited?! My, how things have changed...

No comments: