Well, my new half-brother is now officially part of our family. Marcel was born yesterday morning - on the fourth of July, same birthday as my dear old dad - at a whopping 9 lbs 15 ozs. He'll stay in the hospital for a couple of days; they're keeping him in NICU until he fully latches and is able to eat properly. Dad says he seems interested for about 20 seconds before he plum tuckers out and falls asleep at the boob.
It's definitely pretty weird to have a sibling 28 years younger than me. I held him in NICU yesterday afternoon, and bemusedly watched as he tried to figure out how to use his eyes. He's pretty cute (even for a newborn - not wrinkly at all), even though I am weirded out by his existence. Guess it'll be good prep for when L and I decide to jump on that whole procreation bandwagon thang!
4 comments:
just back about the PA thing - its listed as #5 on the 'top 50 jobs' in Money magazine. http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bestjobs/snapshots/5.html
in the list of program possibilities
http://www.univsource.com/physician.htm
I didn't see one in VT - but Northeastern (a school I like) has one - its 7.5K a semester, and I think 2 years, where the second you do rotations at hospitals, etc. Does look like a cool program.
http://www.bouve.neu.edu/programs/physassist/curriculum.php
the school of pharmacy in MA has a PA program too but its more expensive (21K a year) but maybe you can do it in less time there, if its not by credit, etc.
http://www.mcphs.edu/financial/tuition_fees.html
physical therapy programs are probably similar I imagine, but I bet the PA work is more challenging.
Well ... ummm ... congratulations on having a new sibling. Weird, but congratulations.
And seriously, you'll have PLENTY of practice by the time you decide you're ready for babies. With Bosco around, there's no way you won't have practice.
I love you and miss you tons and tons.
Did we talk about the fact that my mom's birthday and my cousin's birthday is the 4th of July too? And help me out, why is such a big baby in the NICU?
He was in NICU because V had a fever (and thus so did he) during labor... all his tests were/are fine, though he continued to have problems latching on to her breast.
He probably was the giant baby amidst all the preemies. :)
Post a Comment