Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Auughghhhhh! I need to vent for a second. I don't understand AT ALL why people think they can just wing it when deciding to come to the wedding. It's totally incomprehensible to me! Just got a call from one of the parents saying their sibling's family is coming.... though they still don't know how many. ?!?!?!?! The wedding is THREE days away, and they live across the country. How do they not know this? What's wrong with people, anyway?

So yeah, there goes my zen moment for the day. Jesus H.

2 comments:

faye said...

Yes, it's super annoying. I actually scrapped my entire seating plan and decided to have un-assigned seating on the DAY of the wedding b/c shit like this never stopped...

After the wedding, though, you just don't care about it. I can't even remember which people it was anymore who were trying to change all kinds of crap around...

oh, now I remember...but, I don't care. Really!

Good luck!!!

Miss Nelson said...

so funny Lauren! I hope your wedding went well and that you really managed to "soak it all in", because I certainly didn't at my wedding. If I had to do it all over again I would do things VERY differently. Funny your friend mentioned scrapping the seating plan... ours was all set up and stuff, but none of the tables were numbered (even though everyone had a little card that said a coordinating table number on it!) So someone had to stand around with a crappy sketch of the seating arrangement and tell 170 people what table to go to. HA! And after it all, I didn't care and I doubt anyone else did either. So I hope your day was spectacular and that the two of you enjoyed being in the spotlight - I do believe that "being the center of attention" on your wedding day is a whole rite of passage. It's worth feeling LOVED and ADORED by a collection of your favorite people at one big party.
big hugs to you both. m