So, I've been feeling the funk lately. It's been a tough week; L's been down in Boston all week so I've been kind of bored. Especially because I'm not working full time at the moment... started a new job recently, and it's a great place, but it takes a while to build up a client base. So I've only been working part time, and even when I'm at work I'm not very busy. I think I can get there, but it will take time. A little longer than I anticipated. And it's tough to be a massage therapist in VT. There's just not very many people in general, and the people that are here don't have craploads of money.
I just talked to a friend of mine on the phone, one of my classmates from MTI, and she (and a couple other classmates she's in the the same area as) is doing so very well. She's seeing a ton of clients, and charging a decent amount for her work. I don't want to sound like Debbie Downer here, because I think she's totally worth it and I am ecstatically happy for her. It's great to see her succeed! It's just frustrating that I can't seem to get the same gig going here. And it's not for lack of trying... I've sent out postcards, put an ad in the paper and online, cold-called businesses, talked my ear off to everyone I know. There's just something that's not working. I'm really hoping that with the cooler seasons approaching, the summer lull will dissipate and I'll get to see more clients. Because I really like this work!
No comments:
Post a Comment