Last weekend I was at our friends' house, and a bunch of us were sitting around playing games and chatting, when we started talking about different generations. Turns out no one really knew what generation we are -- X or Y? I've heard such different numbers for both, and always sort of thought of myself as somewhere in between the two (another interface! Tried and true, always the most fascinating place to be). Turns out I was right! (Thank you, Wikipedia.)
XY Cusp, also known as the MTV Generation or Doom Generation, was caught between the end of Generation X and start of Generation Y, mainly living out their childhood through the 80s and teen years in the mid-90s. This generation was influenced by the launch of MTV, the popularization of Web technology circa '95, segmented musical tastes, the evolution of 80s glam fashions into grunge and the remainder of Generation X, many of whom were older siblings. (1975-1985).
Although I think 'Doom Generation' is a bit extreme, don't you? Sheesh.
2 comments:
I always thought of us as Generation Who-The-Fuck-Cares. But that's awfully close to the Doom Generation.
Here's a funny thought for you though ... both of our husbands are Gen-Xers. Crazy, huh?
do they mean Doom like the video game?
Post a Comment