It's a new year. I know it's been a new year for six days now, but I'm a little behind. I've decided to attempt making some resolutions this year, something I haven't done in many years. Please excuse my vagueness (is that a word?); I hope to define these goals better as I pursue them.
- Continue to make strides on becoming more of a healthy person. This includes all facets of myself. I want to do more yoga, play more hockey, quiet my mind more successfully, eat more nutritiously, take care of myself, and so forth. A big, big portion of this goal deals with mental health.
- Stimulate my noggin again. Eventually this means a career shift, but I have other work to do (see above) before I am in the right place for that. In the meantime, I can take classes, and L and I have signed up to take an online nutrition class together this semester.
- Move to a new apartment. Our home-purchasing dreams will have to wait a while longer; but that doesn't mean we have to live in a crappy apartment, either. Sometime this year I would like to move to a place we can live in for a while, start a family in, and generally feel happy enough to call it home.
- Plan a vacation to take next year. And I'm talking a real, honest-to-goodness vacation, where we fly somewhere interesting for longer than a few days. We've been really good about not spending a lot of money, and paying off credit card debt. Though there's still much more to be paid off, I want to cash in a few chips and travel a bit - especially before thinking about starting a family.
- Give to people less fortunate than us. Money, time, supplies, whatever. L and I always talk about this, but are often not organized enough to make it happen. I want to do this most importantly to help others, and selfishly to keep things in perspective; it helps keep me happier to remember that my seemingly insurmountable problems are nothing compared to what some people struggle with on a regular basis.
So that's what I have for now. I will commit to working on every single one of these goals this year. And we'll see what happens.
1 comment:
Hey, I had totally forgotten about Ode magazine!! I think I might have to steal a couple of your links so I remember to go to them!
Nice resolutions, yo.
Post a Comment