Man, do I ever. As I re-read Eat Pray Love, I'm remembering how much I want to get the F out of here and go somewhere exotic. And by exotic I mean a country that is not the US or Canada. I want to cycle, hike, eat local food and learn new cultures. While this requires a bit of planning and saving, I think I've found a tour company I want to use: Intrepid Travel. See, L and I have done an all-inclusive in the past (Jamaica) and I loved that all the ins and outs (and what have-yous) were taken care of for us. The downside of the all-inclusive is that they usually take place is pretty touristy areas. I've been watching too much Anthony Bourdain to stay on the beaten path this time around...
So where to? This is the hardest part for me. It's less about the destination than the type of trip I'm envisioning. It could be Peru, Thailand, Egypt, Puerto Rico, Turkey, Czech Republic, Cambodia or Guatemala.... what really matters is that it's a) warm, b) active, and c) not filled with many other annoying tourists like me. I know I don't really want to go to Africa, Antarctica or Australia (no "A" continents, apparently, except Asia).
Let's go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment