Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blogger friends, it's been a red letter day. One of my colleagues is leaving for a much better-paying job, and both my managers want me to replace her. Which means a boost in pay grade, for the second time in two months. Which ROCKS. It doesn't necessarily mean a lot more money, unfortunately; in fact, it probably means a very puny raise, but that's okay. Every little bit helps, and it's more important that I add more responsibilities to my resume. I'll probably learn a little SAS programming and prostate cancer coding, so it will make things a little more interesting. I still get to retain my responsibilities with editing the newsletter and helping our senior programmer out a little.

I had a good time in class today, too. I'm taking this class called Principles of Editing at Harvard Summer School, and it's taught by a fellow MHC alum. We had a guest speaker in today to talk about print and web design, and it was really interesting. And after class the teacher pulled me aside to give me back my quiz (I missed the previous class, where we discussed this quiz). She told me I had one of the few A's, and asked me more about what I do at Harvard. She was surprised that I don't work with text at my job (besides the one time with the newsletter), and mentioned that I had a really good eye, which was a huge ego boost. Maybe I'm all right at this stuff after all.

2 comments:

margaret said...

Well, are any of us surprised that you're the teacher's pet? I think not, my friend.

You rule, my darling. I really hope that one day you figure that out. It'll be a wonderful thing to see.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to my Darling Daughter! I am happy for you, proud of you, and share this good news with you :)

Margaret is right: you DO rule!
xoxo