So I'm debating two things: 1) not taking two classes next semester and b) not actually doing the certificate program even though I already sent in my application.
God, why do I suck at follow-through sometimes? This always happens to me--I finally come to a conclusion about something, stick with it for a little while, and then suddenly start thinking... is this really worth it? What do I want out of this? And then I lose all focus.
I realized the other day that I actually sort of like my job. I'm not sure how I went from being utterly bored and dissatisfied to liking my job, but I think it entailed some sort of shift in perception. Well, to be fair, not just a shift in perception but also a promotion to a more interesting (or at least more complicated) project.
If it's the case that I'm not looking to change jobs (and I really don't think I want to at this point--weird), then I'm not sure why I would go through the hassle of doing this program. I mean, why go through a particular program when you're not going to use it for something specific?
Oh, I don't know. I'm certainly not going to do anything rash and withdraw my application. I think it's tempting to ponder not completing the program because I'm not liking my classes right now, and am feeling frustrated about taking two next semester and yet again being ultra busy. I want to be able to see my friends, do physical activities, and have more down time. So maybe I'll just take one. Eh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lovely Lauren...
Merry Christmas! So, my wise advice to you is to just finish what you should to get your certificate- regardless of it's purpose. As the Queen of All Unfinished Things, I feel very strongly about other people completing things. There you have it. My unwanted opinion!
Send me a note on facebook. love to you and good luck with this!! m
Oh, yes. I find myself in this situation too. I get way too busy, and then sometimes when I try to cut fixed time expenses like that away, I find that I fill that time with something else!
At any rate, cutting down on to-do's seems to usually be a good thing!
Post a Comment