Monday, March 09, 2009

Sad

Well, in true bisexual nature (my last post was called 'Happy'), my emotions have shifted around for some unknown reason. I've been feeling kind of down recently, and I can't put my finger on the cause(s). But it makes me feel the need to go into hibernation. My energy is low, I'm bored at work, I'm sick of winter, I'm spacing out on things I have to do. All I want to do is watch TV, eat and sleep. Seriously.

I always find it hard to talk about how I am when I feel this way. There is no clear-cut reason behind these emotions, which makes it amorphous and uncomfortable. I think it's just my natural rhythm from time to time, so I'm used to it, but I don't like it. I have such a restless soul.

Even Daylight Savings time, one of my favorite days of the year, has turned into not such a favorite. I feel extra tired. It was a harsh reality check, waking up this morning to pitch black again. I'm not quite ready to trade in my morning light for afternoon light. Give me another month, maybe.

Blah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so psyched for daylight savings, since I've had to leave work (relatively) early the last few weeks in order to get down the narrow streets before Mass Ave in the daytime (necessary when its icy!) so I've had to leave *right* at 5pm. So I get daylight, but lots of traffic!

But now, sunrise is at 7am, which is around when I would leave for work. So not much time for the sun to work on the ice from the night before! And its a little dark on cloudy days. In a few weeks it'll all be good though!

Jenny said...

Sorry, Lauren!! I think it's really easy to feel the way you're feeling this time of year :(

faye said...

I get that way in the winter, every winter. I consider myself two different people.

And, Thailand? Your pix are awesome!