Wow, I've taken quite a hiatus from posting here--no wonder, really, what with new parenthood and all. I've taken to blogging mostly about my daughter these days (let me know if you want the URL) instead of here. Not much time to do both!
I'm sad to say that my maternity leave ends this week. In another day, actually. :( I go back to work this Thursday to much mixed emotions. I'm terrified about it primarily, because I haven't been away from my daughter for more than a few hours. I'm scared of the separation, I'm scared that anyone else who cares for her won't be able to put up with tough day she will put them through. I'm scared she will forget who I am when I come home. I'm scared I will miss those crucial 'firsts'...
I know (logically) that this is probably a good decision. I'll be working only part-time for a while, and I do truly believe a little separation will probably make me a better parent. I just wish it could happen when she's a little older than she is right now; she's still so little!
So yeah. Feeling kind of sad...
No comments:
Post a Comment