Monday, August 16, 2004

Doo bee doo bee dooooo

I need me a job. If I'm going to leave work officially, it would feel so much better if I had a job. Ahoo. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen. Kind of scary.

Saw 'Cold Mountain' tonight. Wow, I feel totally drained. It's similar to how I felt after 'Legends of the Fall' way back when. Great movie, great acting (everybody and their mother is in it), but man is it exhausting.

E's wedding was fantastic. Very simple and unpretentious, short and sweet. Makes sense when you think about who got married, right? They wouldn't have it any other way. The rain held off, I cried my eyes out, there were puppies and babies all over the place. Seeing E holding her now 7-month-old CHILD in her arms with a pacifier in her mouth while rearranging his outfit was a bit mind-boggling. G and I were chatting about how the wedding itself isn't all that strange, but it's the whole baby thing that really throws us. So very true - I guess I'm sort of used to the fact that I'll be attending a wedding every other weekend for a while, but I still haven't gotten accustomed to seeing my friends as parents. Whoa.

So good to see some rugby peeps again, too. I miss you guys!

No comments: