As if my life isn't already thrown into chaos by Mercury going into retrograde, tonight got even worse. It started out well - went out for a couple drinks with the boy and his aunt and uncle. Cousin J was supposed to show, but ended up sleeping through most of it - though he did call me on my cell phone after I'd left, saying he would meet up with the rest of the gang. I was supposedly off to Girls Night out with J and S before their wedding. Through an entire effing SERIES of miscommunications (misleading emails, reading things incorrectly, etc) I ended up at 69 Church Street in the entire wrong town. Yeah, big effing 'whoops'. Supposed to be downtown at a cool bar, and instead am sitting dumbfounded in my car in a residential neighborhood miles and miles away.
Soooo... because I wasn't planning on staying long anyway after working since 8am this morning, and because I was frustrated after pointlessly driving around for an hour, AND because it's raining, I've bagged the whole night and am now sitting in front of the computer watching Uzbekistan parade through the Olympic Stadium in Athens.
Ehh well, I'm tired anyway. May as well sit around the apartment and drink some wine in my PJs. Maybe play a little Diablo. Or read a book... I just started reading Ursula Le Guin's newest, Changing Planes. I've never read anything by her before, and I've only just begun, but so far it's great! She has such a fantastic imagination, it's like a more intellectual Harry Potter.
1 comment:
Well, you know, you're a total tool, but I love you anyway.
Go Uzbekistan! I'm rooting for ya all the way!
Post a Comment