Tuesday, September 21, 2004

After going to yoga last night, I'm definitely feeling the need to reconnect with my body. I forget how severed the connection is until I actually do something active and purposeful. Even though I was frustrated last night to not be able to complete most of the poses (because of my hand - still!), I at least remembered WHY I'm doing this in the first place. When I'm physically active and simply aware of my body, all feels right in the world. My worries slip away, and I can finally stop overanalyzing every single thing I do.

How do I get the motivation to actually _do_ the activities I like? Whenever I'm actually in the process of doing them, I'm excited and happy. But it's so hard to get myself to go to yoga, or go biking, or go to the gym.

Hopefully with the advent of becoming a muscular therapy student, some of these activities will naturally fall into place. I at least need to be persistent about sticking to yoga - the two go hand in hand so well.

Okay, time to turn off the bad TV movie and start doing some more homework. Motivation, here I come!

No comments: