I'm feeling a little under the weather today. I went to sleep around 11pm, and woke up just before 9am, which is unheard of these days. I slept for nearly ten hours (almost uninterrupted, save for a 3am trip to the bathroom), and I still feel exhausted. I've got that headachey-sore-throaty all-over-achey sort of thing going on.
However, today is a day of full out body care, which I'm hoping will alleviate some of this crap. I went to a practice session this morning with another MTI student who did some craniosacral therapy on me. It was a long session - about an hour and a half - and it was really interesting. There were several interruptions (her roommate came home briefly, her cat was meowing), which made it difficult to fully get into the groove, but I totally zoned out. She did lots of holds and tractioning... probably the weirdest thing about it was that I totally lost sense of a) where she was at the table and at my body, and b) where my own body was in space. I couldn't always tell if she had her hands on me or hovering above me, which was both cool and mildly unsettling. At one point it felt like she was above my head and sort of pulling downwards on my ears, and they felt all stretched out - in a good way. Later when I commented that it felt neat to have her stretch my ears out a little, she said, "Actually, that was all you... I was just holding you." Wow. Pretty funky stuff.
And very shortly I'm off to the chiropractor to see what's happening with my left SI joint. It's been acting up again recently, and has been present for a good 6-8 months now... so I'm getting it checked out. Hopefully she'll be informative.
Even though I'm feeling crappy, my interest in massage has renewed itself. I've been slacking quite a bit since we've been on vacation, but now after receiving that massage I really want to practice again. As well as study/read up on this sort of thing. Fascinating!
No comments:
Post a Comment