Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Feelin' good today. Exhausted, but good. I feel like I usually only write when things are shitty, so it's important every now and then to write when I'm in a good mood. I want to record and remember the positive experiences, too. :)

I went to my Harvard orientation and benefits lecture all day today. It was pretty boring, but exciting enough - hell, I wasn't at PSO. This feels right to be headed in this direction - I can't quite explain why, but it does. I don't think this job will be extremely intellectually satisfying, but it will be more so than what I'm doing now. And that, my friends, is a welcome change. So I'm gearing up for my start date of a week from today, January 18th.

Not much else going on right now. I'm excited and ready to go home to VT this weekend, for a nice long weekend for once. Gonna go snowboarding, and see the men's UVM hockey team play Dartmouth. I'll see some buddies, hang out with my folks, cook some food. It'll be great.

I'm also feeling a lot less stressed about school. Again, I'm not entirely sure why this is the case (well, I have a good guess), but I'm just going with it. Maybe I'm so focused on the job thing right now.

Random thought: I wonder if I'm going to try to do one of my annual fundraisers/physical activities this year. I had signed up to do the Great Mass Getaway (150 mile bike ride over 2 days) last year, but then I broke my hand ten days before the event. I haven't seen anything that piques my interest yet, but there's still time. I suppose this is generally the time of year I start craving an activity like that, so here it is.

No comments: