Tuesday, January 18, 2005

So, work only lasted a couple of hours this morning. Which is actually fine by me - jumping back into this week with an extra long first day of work when I'm not back to 100% didn't sound like the most fun thing ever. I got a taste of what I'll be doing... nothing fabulously exciting, lots of questionnaire coding for the colon polyp study, as well as data entry and other random tasks. I was sent home with lots of articles to read, and I'd rather do that at home than at work anyway.

M and I have decided to do a detox program, and I'm wicked excited about it. Especially since both of us have been feeling kind of sick and haven't had much energy lately, this is great timing. The plan is to do it in February, after we're done with finals. Hopefully it'll be a much-needed cure for the mid-winter blahs.

The quest for sleep continues in Laurenland... I went home over the long weekend and slept about 10+ hours per night each night. I've been questioning exactly why my body needs so much sleep lately, and one of my friends pointed out it could be my medication kicking in. Strangely, I hadn't even really thought about that, but it makes perfect sense. One of her friends was on similar medication and had the same reaction.

Not much else to report. It's frickin' freezing out today, and I've managed to walk around in below 0 degree weather (including wind chill) a lot this morning and afternoon. So now I'm in for the evening, preparing to do some reading, studying, and making some chili. Maybe I'll sit around and ponder the direction my life is going in, since I'm turning 27 in a mere 11 days. That's so weird. I guess I never really knew what I would be doing at 27, but it certainly wasn't muscular therapy school in Boston.

No comments: