Feeling pretty out of it today. I feel as though I have a million thoughts running around in my head, so this post will probably come out fairly jumbled. I'm feeling pretty empty since Cristi's memorial on Monday. It was SO good to be around people I love, and people she loved and respected, including some of her coworkers at MSH. Honestly, she was one of the most amazing people I have ever met, or ever will meet. And I got through what I had to say, which was good. Several people came up to me afterwards and said how much they loved what I said. I'm really trying to figure out how to regain any sense of normalcy in my life. My guess is, for a while my posts will be a combination of sorrow and reflections about Cristi, and random other aspects of my world. I want to express everything I can, but also need to distract myself with silly random rants.
School was good today - very interesting and not too taxing. The founder of MTI, Ben Benjamin, came in this morning to talk to us about his present work, the history of muscular therapy and the school, and so forth. It was so neat. He does orthopedic massage, and told us a little about that. He had a couple of people in the class come up and he evaluated them... he was right on with their injuries, and was able to pinpoint exactly what hurt in a few short minutes. I was already interested in doing injury work/sports or orthopedic massage, but this just cemented it. It was pretty cool.
1 comment:
I had not been over to find out what you have been going through, and I'm so sorry for you...I don't even know what to say, because everything seems so trivial in comparison.
Wishing you peace,
Faye:)
Post a Comment