Breakfast: Steel-cut oatmeal with a tablespoon of honey. It was fantastic!
Lunch: One fresh mango, black bean and corn stew (Last day! Three days in a row is too much.), and a navel orange.
Mid-afternoon snack: Organic peanut butter and carrots. A few dried banana chips (with PB, mmmm) until I found out that they have sugar added to them. WTF?? Also ate a few peanuts and a dried mango slice.
Dinner: Big salad. African bush tea, which was AWESOME.
Dessert: Applesauce.
Wow, I didn't eat much today. I actually felt pretty full, though, for most of the day. Maybe because I started out strong with a hearty bowl of oatmeal. Damn that stuff is good.
Exercise: 60 minutes massaging. Not too good today, will be much better tomorrow... when M and I go snowboarding!
Water intake: Piss-poor. I think I only went through one nalgene bottle, so 32 ounces. Yikes. That's no good at all.
Sleep: Uhhhh, 6 hours again last night. Though I do hope to change that tonight... going to bed right after I write this!
Today was alright. Despite the many temptations at school (girl scout cookies came in today, someone was offering up a free slice of pizza, and there was a cake just sitting there in the lunchroom), M and I did remarkably well. And we even endured teasing from our classmates, all of whom now know we're detoxing. (It's sort of hard to hide when you're dropping weird medicine-like stuff from bottles into your water and you have a small class.)
IMPORTANT NOTES:
1.) Must buy some fruit leather. M had some today, and I didn't realize they get to be on the 'okay' list.
2.) Went to Whole Foods and bought some Mochi! I had forgotten about Mochi, but it's totally fine for detoxing. I got the raisin and cinnamon flavored kind, and am hoping it will cure the need for bread/baked goods. I also got some popcorn - which does have coconut palm oil (?) in it, but I don't care. It's the healthiest popcorn I could find, so it's good by me. I do plan on doing some more cooking tomorrow night.... it's time for those turkish stuffed peppers.
1 comment:
Yikes, I don't know how you're doing this...I would've caved by now! I guess it helps when your friends are in it with you though...the herbs sound especially nasty though!
I will email soon about other stuff...CM,a.k.a. M. Salami
Post a Comment