Okay, I'm going to really work at charting this program systematically. I never do stuff like this -- you know, keep track of shit -- so it's kind of fun to be able to map my progress (or lack thereof, but I'm hoping that's not the case).
Breakfast: banana
Midmorning snack: banana chips
Lunch: black bean and corn stew, big salad
Midafternoon snack: applesauce (no sugar added), an apple, green tea
Dinner: (This one's a weird mishmash of things... which is usually how I eat) Guacamole (hooray!), kashi with ricemilk and blackberries (thanks to M for that idea - it IS fabulous!), thyme-scented mushrooms
Exercise: 20 minutes walking, 30 minutes shoveling, 45 minutes massaging
Water intake: probably only about 50 ounces (should clear 64oz) - but that's also not counting the water with the damn herbs, which is another 20 oz or so total
Sleep last night: about 6 hours, not so good
IMPORTANT NOTES:
1.) For a good part of today I've had a raging headache. It started around 1pm - I hadn't eaten lunch yet, and thought I just must be hungry. So I ate lunch around 2 or 2:30 (I was in a meeting for the few hours prior), and it still didn't go away. My next thought was that I must have really low blood sugar. So I ate the applesauce and apple - there hadn't been much natural sugar in my lunch. That helped briefly, but then the headache came back with a vengeance. So when I got home I tried M's idea of the tasty kashi/berry/milk combo, hoping that would alleviate the pain. Nothin'. So I finally caved and took some acetominophen... not something I like to do, but I feel much better now. But interesting... I wonder if this is the 'lousy feeling' that we're supposed to get for the first few days.
2.) I have never quite experienced this amount of gaseousness. Sorry if that's a little gross, but I do want to keep track of how I feel while I'm doing this. It's insane! I'm normally a huge fan of belching, but after ingesting the herbs it's pretty foul.
3.) By the way, the herbs are *still* disgusting. I was hoping they'd get easier after I had taken them for a day or so, but no such luck.
3 comments:
Hi Lauren, I couldn't believe it when I read you are detoxing---we must have ESP---I've been scouring the net the past week or so looking up info on the same thing. I have been feeling so sluggish and gross lately and I need a "fresh start"---would you mind telling me what program you're on, if any? There seem to be so many out there. I don't think I could deal with fasting for days on end, I need to still go to work and lead a semi-normal life. I feel like if I was fasting I would have zero energy. Also, did you talk it over with your regular MD? I've heard that doctors don't really recommend detoxing. But then again, I've had some great results from herbs/natural remedies in the past, stuff like yerba mate and green tea extract (and acupuncture). Any info you want to share would be greatly appreciated! Good luck with your detox, I'm sure you'll start to feel the benefits soon. Keep posting, you're inspiring me to better health!
Love Carolyn
Carolyn, the basis of what we're using is a program called 'Supreme Cleanse' (available at www.iherb.com/supremecleanse.html). It's actually really good to be doing this while grieving... I needed something concrete to focus on; a project, if you will.
I don't like the idea of fasting, either... it's too drastic, and I don't want to lose weight or anything. So we're pretty much following the Supreme Cleanse info (eating fruits, veggies, tofu, fresh fish, beans, whole grains, etc. and avoiding refined sugars, fats, dairy, meat, shellfish, nuts, wheat, caffeine, alcohol, etc.). It also includes exercising, drinking lots of water, and getting a good amount of sleep. Oh, and taking disgusting herbs six times a day. :) Didn't talk it over with my primary doc, but a few friends had good luck with this one. And it sounded reasonable. I totally recommend it!
Post a Comment