Breakfast: steel-cut oatmeal with maple syrup, red bush tea
Lunch: stuffed pepper w/tomato sauce, applesauce, two rice cakes with PB
Snack: green apple
Dinner: miso-glazed salmon with quinoa and sauteed veggies - which was freaking fantastic!
Dessert: popcorn and red bush tea
Exercise: 1.5 hours of massaging
Water intake: not so good, about 40 ounces
Sleep: about 7 hours, so-so
Day 5 was relatively uneventful. My only 'important note' really was that M and I both felt incredibly LIGHT all day. She was bouncing around at school, with this amazing energy. I was more tired - and my neck hurt like a bitch from snowboarding the day before - but my body has this lightness to it. It's hard to describe, but it seems like the total antithesis to sluggishness. I can still be tired, but now instead of feeling like I weigh two hundred pounds, my body feels nimble. Interesting.
And the dinner I had was absolutely incredible. The BF and I used Eating Well's recipe for the broiled salmon with the miso glaze, and it was by far the tastiest meal I've eaten all week. M, I don't know if it's the same glaze you used on your salmon, but I thought I'd include the ingredients here in case anyone wants to make it - it's easy, and extremely flavorful.
(We used about 3/4 pound of salmon, so this glaze recipe is cut in half from the original.)
- 1 tbsp sweet white miso paste
- 1 tbsp mirin (japanese rice wine)
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger (we used 1 tbsp, which I really liked)
- a few drops hot pepper sauce
Whisk the miso, mirin, soy, ginger, and hot pepper sauce until smooth - after we broiled the salmon with the glaze generously brushed on (skin side down, 3-4 inches from the heat source, for 6-8 minutes) we garnished with toasted sesame seeds and scallions. So tasty I couldn't believe it.
And for the record, both L and I are completely sold on quinoa. I had never had it before, but it's been sitting in my pantry for many moons.... and after we finally made it, we were pleasantly surprised. It's really very good, and so amazingly good for you.
So. Now it's Saturday, day 6, and I feel pretty darn good. I'll update about today later on what I eat, etc. But I wanted to let y'all know that I'm going to designate this weekend as a weekend for myself. As M mentioned, we had a class about self-care yesterday, and it really struck both of us how little we take care of ourselves. So the plan this weekend is to just be nice to myself. I'm getting a free massage at the student clinic (thanks again, my dear), I'll do some yoga, try to finish my book, watch some movies, do some cooking, catch up on phone calls. Very, very mellow. I'm looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment