Monday, April 18, 2005

Go see this. I know, I know, it's just the latest lefty propaganda. But shitballs, Bill O'Reilly is the biggest TOOL. One of the authors interviewed, Bob McChesney, sounded really well-spoken. Anyone read his book called The Problem of the Media? It sounds really interesting. And I was heartened to see fellow progressive Vermonter Bernie Sanders (Congressman, Independent) in on the project. He's often spouting off on right-wing nutjobs, which is usually entertaining.

On a more serious note, it's watching/reading/talking about stuff like this that really gets my paranoia going. One of the things I find so frustrating about politics is that I never feel as though I have enough information to base my opinions on. I'm constantly thinking that I'm being fed completely filtered material all the time, and the sad thing is, that's probably true! But what do you do about it? Especially if you're on the somewhat lazy side, or don't have the energy to devote to activism? There's so much to fight for and against in this world, we have to pick our battles. It's so very irritating to come up against those battles that you've chosen not to fight as hard for.

No comments: