Thursday, May 12, 2005

Mmmm, what a beautiful morning today. It took me a while to get going - sleeping in is such a wonderful pleasure - but now that I'm up and showered, I feel great. I'm listening to a CD of M. Ward, which my dear friend J burned for me, and it's the perfect score for a sunny spring morning. I'm looking forward to this day by myself.

Yesterday at school I thought a lot about how much time I spend in my head. I think MT is such a good choice for one of my careers - it really gets me out of my head and into my body. I think that's why I've been so interested in sports my whole life; it allows my brain to rest temporarily, which feels so damn good. And to think that I can not only work by using my body, but that I'll be simultaneously working to heal other people's pain and discomfort - wow, that's pretty lucky.

I feel like I have a lot more to say about this, but it's just not coming to me right now. So I'm sure I'll continue this thought later...

No comments: