Sunday, May 15, 2005

Seattle, here we come! L and I have decided that we're going to move there next year. We plan on renewing our lease this year until next June. At that point we'll probably try to stay rent-free or rent-cheap somewhere around here for a couple months, save some cash, and spend a month driving out west. I've never driven across the country, and it's absolutely one of those things I know I need to do. There is so much of the country that I haven't seen; my visits have been limited to the eastern seaboard plus Minneapolis and San Diego. We're thinking of buying a camper top for Luke's truck, selling my car... and doing it. What a perfect time to embark on such a voyage, eh? No kids, no house, no commitments... and the chance to explore an entirely new city on an entirely new coast. It will be temporary, though - both of us definitely want to end up in VT. But we're both excited about the possibility of creating new identities for a little while. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren that is so exciting! Good for you! Mark and I are seriously considering moving to Atlanta (he is very sick of winters). We're going down there this fall to see if I like the city. It feels right to get away from New England at least for a while. I mean, if you count our years at MHC starting in 1996, we've lived in Massachusetts for almost 10 years now! It's enough.
I am so excited for you! Seattle is awesome. AND, Janet and Betty have these really great friends out there who have their own tattoo parlor and they do the most amazing, beautiful work. Janet and Betty were just visiting them and Janet had her eyelashes and eyebrows enhanced! So maybe you should wait and get your tattoo in Seattle!
Love Carolyn

Nico said...

That sounds amazing! I've only visited Seattle for a few days, but loved it out there. I don't know anyone who doesn't. How exciting!!!