Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Whew, what a weekend. I was up in Montreal at a coed hockey tournament, which was an absolute blast! Playing lots of hockey (in Canada, nonetheless) completely cemented my love of the sport. I didn't play particularly well or anything, but it was my first game since December, and my very first tournament. Just the fact that I managed to play all four games (with an injured lower back, even) made me so damn proud of myself! I had a blast, and I wasn't even irritated by my lack of abilities very much. It just made me really want to focus on learning this sport. I am on the lookout for some women's instructional classes (particularly focusing on skating lessons), which is the best thing for me to do. I know when I start playing with people who are so much better than me, I end up just feeling like crap about myself. So I think if I sign up in some beginner's league, I'll develop the requisite confidence; I think I have the potential to be a decent player, I just need some practice. Yay!

Plus it was fun to get to be in Montreal. I haven't been in so long, and we had a ball. Lots of neat folks were up there, and it was Jazz Festival weekend (though we didn't get to see/hear any jazz - boo!). It was great to get to hang out and play with my BF, as well as A+S and D, whom I never get to play with.

No comments: