Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The glass is cut
The bottle runs dry
Our love runs cold
In the caverns of the night
We’re wounded by fear
Injured in doubt
I can lose myself
I’m holding on
You’re all that’s left to hold on to

-'Red Hill Mining Town' by U2

Sometimes I don't know what I want from Love. I get frustrated by idealistic stories, by movies where love is the pinnacle of truly living. Yet I want it. And I begin to feel a certain emptiness. Not in the usual, misunderstood way. In the always-the-outcast, I will lead a life of solitude way. I don't know how to explain it properly. I don't know who to talk to anymore.

2 comments:

margaret said...

Oh please, please, please still feel like you can talk to me. I miss you and love you and think about you every single day.

I'll make you a deal. Some day next week let's actually follow through on our summertime plan and go to Walden, ok? Just the two of us and we'll swim and we'll chat and it'll be wonderful.

You are such an unbelievably important part of my life and I've been really bad about showing you that recently. I'm sorry for it.

XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Lern,
What yo momma is trying to learn:

"If a relationship is anything less than good, you need to question your thoughts. It's your responsibility to find your own way back to a relationship with yourself that makes sense.

When you have that sweet relationship with yourself, your partner is an added pleasure. It's over-the-top grace.

Romantic love is the story of how you need another person to complete you. It's an absolutely insane story. My experience is that I need no one to complete me. As soon as I realize that, everyone completes me."
-Byron Katie, I Need Your Love — Is That True?

(U2 has a song about quitting romantic love on their latest CD...can't remember title though:)