Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wow. I just had the best doctor's appt ever this morning. See, I've been struggling with sacroiliac joint and left low back pain for quite some time now. My doc got me into an aggressive physical therapy program, which helped, but only marginally. I had an MRI, which came out normal. So then plan C emerged; TMS. It stands for Tension Myositis Syndrome, basically a fancy way of saying "you've got some emotional shit going on that's manifesting itself physically in such a way that it will distract you from dealing with said shit." I finally feel that this is the right path for me to stroll down. He recommended a book (called The Mindbody Prescription by John Sarno) which I will buy promptly, as soon as I get paid again. He referred me to two websites, one called the Landmark Forum (a few day workshop on the nature of humanity) and one called Tar Pit Yoga (about the ins and outs of TMS from a yoga instructor/athletic trainer). It's all very fascinating stuff!

No comments: