Can you believe there is shit like THIS out there? Honestly, some times I wonder about humanity. Seriously, this seems like such a waste of time when there are so many underfed folks in the world.
On a more general note (and in case it isn't blatantly obvious), I'm feeling all kinds of cranky right now. I'm premenstrual, which always has a heightening effect of the crank right off the bat. But even past that... I'm still not feeling 100%, and it's really pissing me off. I went to see the doc this afternoon just in case - without a spleen I always want to make sure that something crazy isn't going on - and thankfully there is nothing seriously wrong. He said it was probably just a lingering cold, allergies, and stress. Which totally makes sense. And hopefully I'll be able to figure it all out soon. After 12/1, I'll be moved in the new (albeit temporary) pad, which will help stabilize my life somewhat.
He recommended I get ocean spray - aka saline spray - and this nasal spray called nasocrom or something. So I went to trusty Target, and purchased said items, along with my new tube of zilactin for my canker sores (I have *seven* right now, thank you stress level and crappy immune system). As I was standing at the checkout counter, I couldn't help but look down at my purchases and feel like I was approaching retirement age. I also couldn't help but feel frustrated at western culture, and how we resort to swallowing pills, spraying weird chemicals into our mucus membranes, and slathering yet more more chemicals onto our bodies. I'm frustrated that what I really want to try for my allergies is acupuncture, yet I can't afford it. At least not regularly; I think I am going to go to the student clinic near MTI and give it a whirl since I've never done it before.
Sigh. I'm totally in that mood where I want to pare down everything I own and go live among the trees. Fuck society sometimes, you know?
3 comments:
Preaching to the choir, sister. Preaching to the frickin' choir.
I am SO w/ you on being as sick as an AARP member! What is up with our immune systems? We are young. Heart ache to heart ache we stand. Love is a battlefield.
No promises, no demands. Amen, sister!
Post a Comment