Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Wow. There's so much stuff going on right now. Probably the most important is that I'm done with school. With the exception of two more things -- my practical exam (tomorrow) and seeing one more client in the student clinic (Thursday), I'm really done. I am so freakin' excited to get out there and put this knowledge to use. Cheesy as it sounds, it's true. It's almost like there's a ball of pure energy glowing inside me, ready to pop and hiss and explode. Ew, that sounds kind of nasty. But a good kind of explosion... like I'm at the starting line waiting for my cue to run.

Another piece of good news: Okay, so M and I did our final pathology paper/presentation on transgenderism, which was so interesting. M's mom - who is brilliant and writing a book - suggested that we shorten/revise our paper and submit it to massage magazines! I've already hooked the interest of the clinical director at Fenway Community Health (a gay/lesbian/trans health center), who wants to read a copy of our paper. How neat is that? How cool would it be to get the public to think about the potential benefits (or not) of bodywork for TGs?

Something else that's been on my mind lately - I'm gaining weight. Honestly, I don't think I have EVER EVER EVER thought I would say that phrase with any kind of fear/sadness. I'm the only person I know who actually tried to GAIN weight in college so I could be a more gruesome rugby player. But now I feel kind of gross... and I actually don't think it's the weight itself, it's the lack of muscle tone. This past year I have barely, barely exercised - and that's just not like me. It makes sense -- I've just had the worst year of my life in some ways, and it's been emotionally grueling. But I really must learn how to be active again. I've signed myself up for a hockey game every Monday night, and I am going to try yoga again (at least once a week). One of these days I'll scrape together some cash to go snowboarding before spring is here.

I also really want to focus on eating healthy. Not eating less or dieting, jeepers. But just eating better, because that's how I want to feed my body. It's tough sometimes on a limited budget, but I can overcome that if I just figure out how to not be so damn lazy. I want to cook my meals prior to the 5 minutes before I eat them. I just bought the latest Eating Well mag to help inspire me, so hopefully that will work.

G'night all, time for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I just saw you, and think you look as hot as ever :)
there is something to be said though for how eating well and exercise makes you feel though, and with how busy you've been you just didn't have time. But you are in essence an athletic active person, so it will come as you get into a good groove. Plus when you are in VT, you can go hiking every weekend! And bike along Lake Champlain, etc.

I had to take a few weeks off when I was sick with bronchitis, and it was hard at first but I am glad since I am doing a bit less now that I am better, but not afraid of what it might do to my size. I am sure I'll even out eventually.