Thursday, April 27, 2006

The updated list

Apartment - check. Want to move ASAP, but one more month will suffice.

Jobs - check. One day a week on my own with a group of holistic practitioners, the rest of the week at the aveda salon. Will probably be kind of weird, but a good learning experience.

Car - no check, but going without. Will be a fierce commuter cyclist. Check.

Wedding plans - getting there. Got to talk to the florist, who is a friend of my best bud's mom - she operates a flower farm that looks fabulous. Mom's working on the invites next week. We picked out a couple of fantastic desserts at a nifty bakery downtown. Yay!

All of this = a huge weight off my shoulders. My head can stop spinning soon....

2 comments:

faye said...

Congrats on all your news!

By the way, I go to an Aveda concept salon/day spa even though I really can't afford it...and I

LOVE IT!!!

Aveda boasts environmentally sustainable practices, and even sets up cooperatives with communities , very similar to fair trade, if I remember correctly!

I'm totally addicted. It's my secret shame. I live in 300 sq. feet, but still go enjoy the Aveda experience.
love it. love it. love it.

Lauren said...

Faye, I totally understand! Their philosophy is totally rad - environmentally sound and actively participates in the community.

One of the coolest things about this job is that I get 35% off all products and services.... woohoo! And while I'm training I get a free haircut, pedicure and facial. Not bad, right?

I wish you lived nearby so I could smuggle some goods for you! :)