Thursday, May 04, 2006

bathed in purple

Wow. I received my first hot stone massage today after work, and it was fantastic (I booked one because I have to give one on Monday, and not only have I never given one I've never received one). She used lavender oils as well, and that with the heat and texture of the stones was fabulous!
I decided to bike home afterwards since my bike was already there, and when I left, downtown was bustling with the excitement of spring.... it was beautiful today, about 70 degrees. Which felt nice after a string of rainy days. The sky was partly menacing, threatening to rain, and partly beautiful sunset. I flew down the giant hill towards the bike path on the waterfront, and biked the 5 or so miles back to Mom's house. The whole path is just above shoreline, and the lake was a funky colored grey. The light outside was tinged with purple, and I could smell the lavender, rain and charcoal from nearby grills as I rode. It started spitting rain at first, then became a light but steady fall for the rest of the ride.... the sun was setting and lit the sky behind the mountains a pinky coral shade, and the rain felt good. When I left the path and rode into my mom's neighborhood, a guy on the street was playing with his dog. He looked up and me and said, "Look behind you." I turned around on my bike to face the biggest and brightest rainbow I've ever seen! It arced across the whole sky.

What a great day.

No comments: