Obviously this day brings about reflections of the past year... and I think I can say 2006 has been one of the nuttiest years I've had in a long time. Some of the highlights, both good and bad:
- I've lived in three different places, and in two states
- I got married
- I've worked at least three different jobs
- I finished MT school and then started a new career
- I started and ended my own business
- My father and best friend had babies, and several other friends got pregnant
- I finally got a new kitten
... and now I'm contemplating another move and another career change. I will be really, REALLY excited when I have a house/apt and job that I can stick with for a good length of time. I'm all for change, but when it comes at you rapid-fire it's totally crazy-making.
So here's what I want to put out to the universe: I hope 2007 brings some stability. I want to make enough money so that it doesn't have to rule my life. I want to get eradicate our debt so we can save for a house. I want to figure out what my career shift will look like, and apply to school if need be. I want to remember how lucky I am for the things I already have - a wonderful husband, awesome family and friends, my health, a roof over my head and (good!) food on the table. I want to work on building happiness from within and not rely on it from external sources. I want to get to know myself a little better, and make decisions that will allow me to feel good. I want to play lots of hockey.
So there we go. These are not New Years Resolutions, because I don't believe in those. These are not things that I want to do in the first month of 2007 because they sound good. I want to work on these things forever, regardless of what the calendar says. I want to learn to talk about what I want out of life, because it's much more likely to happen when I verbalize it.
My best friend told me about this game called The Prosperity Game, and it's all about putting your desires out there - by expressing them to the universe they stop simply rolling around your brain. You get a 'virtual check' with an increasing amount of money every day, and can 'spend' it however you wish. It's pretty nifty - it's amazing how much psychological bullshit goes along with money (and lack thereof). I'm curious to see where it leads.
2 comments:
I can help with the 'play lots of hockey' part - join our team again!!!
the prosperity game I have to say looks a little suspect to me - looks a little to scam-y, no? Just don't pay for anything :)
I do hope you guys get into a good groove here. Moving is so stressful, doing it a few times within a year must be hard, I can't imagine! Just moving once a year was too much for me.
Don't worry, it's totally not scammy. The folks who run the site are pretty well known in the spiritual circuit - and no real money is involved at all. It's more an online exercise of what they write about in books... how to shift your perspective to bring positive things your way.
Yeah, I'm totally a stress-case about the idea of moving again. Cripes, I can barely think about it without sending me into panic mode. Awesome. :)
Post a Comment