Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mr. Gobbles

I gotta say, I find it pretty bizarre that there is a wild turkey living in Cambridge. I just noticed him a couple months ago, since we've moved back into the area and I commute via Kendall Square several days a week. He's often lurking outside of the Biogen building, though occasionally I've spotted him being fed by a local woman on the Volpe green. Nicknamed 'Mr. Gobbles', I've discovered (by some research online) that he's been a Kendall Square staple since 2003. Wha? Now, I'm certainly not offended by his residency or anything, but I'm totally surprised he's been hanging out in such an urban area for so long without any obvious trouble surrounding his existence. Pretty cool that no one seems to hassle him, and that he doesn't hassle anyone else. But also VERY strange. We live in a funny world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't hassle the turk, dude. Bits