This has been quite the month in American politics/culture. Imus getting fired for a racist/sexist remark (after 30 years of doing much the same!), the Virginia Tech massacre, Gonzales on the hot seat, the Supreme Court taking us backward by banning partial abortions without taking into account the woman's health.
And now my home state, living up to its lefty rabble-rowsing ways, voting to impeach the president. Not sure if it's the wisest political move, but it sure as hell stirs things up a bit, don't you think? Lord knows I can't wait until 1/20/09... if not sooner if VT gets its way.
1 comment:
I do agree w/ what some people say about how by even letting him finish, we are setting a precedent of condoning all of the laws he has broken and the constituents he has failed to represent!
Corruption is so insidious. I always think of that quote about the Holocaust that basically says, "First they came for the Jews, but I wasn't Jew, so I didn't say anything...Finally, they came for me..."
You know, I teach ESL. I showed my kids a Holocaust pix of some kids behind a barbed wire fence, looking far too skinny...and, several of them wrote that it reminded them of immigration. Interesting.
Post a Comment