Thursday, June 14, 2007

While it was a good day in local politics (to me, anyway), it was a bad afternoon for my bike. Someone stole my bike seat! ARGGHH. I had locked it to a bike rack in the garage of the building I work in, which is a fairly popular place with lots of foot traffic so I am usually unafraid to leave it there throughout the day.

There is just something so particularly offensive about bike theft -- even though it's not (usually) the heaviest financial hit, it feels purely evil. Bikes are so personal. I'm supremely pissed off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, that sucks. If you want a quick and easy bike seat, we I think have some extras in the basement. I like the one I got for my bianchi too at wheelworks, it was only 25 bucks I think.

there are people who dont even lock their bikes here at work, I am so used to it I cant just leave it!

and can I say that Romney is a tool?

"Today's vote by the State Legislature is a regrettable setback in our efforts to defend traditional marriage. Unfortunately, our elected representatives decided that the voice of the people did not need to be heard in this debate. It is now even more important that we pass a Constitutional amendment protecting traditional marriage. Marriage is an institution that goes to the heart of our society, and our leaders can no longer abdicate their responsibility."

protect, defend marriage? by keeping people from marrying? what kind of logic land does he live in?

just plain bizarre.

-A

faye said...

Oh man, I got my bike stolen once. A cute little hybrid that helped me through all kinds of times. I was SOOO sad! I mean, really, I was a silly amount of upset over it. Now, I just won't even get a nice bike. I bought my current bike off of some guys front porch for $20. Sorry about your bike. Bike theft is especially wrong...It helped me to imagine that a homeless person might have stolen my bike, you know, they needed it for transportation...as opposed to: (a) drunk college kid who thought it would be funny, or (b) crack head who sold it for, well, crack, or (c) assholes who actually go out with bolt cutters to steal a bunch of bikes and sell them in pawn shops...I kept thinking of how pissed I'd be when I finally saw my beloved in a pawn shop...oooh, now I'm upset again. Bah.