Yes, I too, like 349235920459 other people out there, am afflicted with Harry Potter Mania. I can't help it! It's just such a fantastic story that tickles my imagination like few others. And tomorrow I will have in my hot little hands the spellbinding Book Seven. Hooray! In the past couple days I re-read Book Six, which is actually one of my favorites (but of course doesn't surpass Book Three, my top fave). This is the first time I've ever re-read a Harry Potter book... but seeing how Book Seven is The End, I wanted to make sure I'm up to speed on what is what. Because every time I read a new book, it's been so long since I've read the previous one that I haven't the foggiest idea what's happening or who all the characters are. So, after skimming/reading The Half-Blood Prince, I'm now totally up to speed and READY to read the final chapter about Harry.
I have a few predictions I'd like to make, on this eve of full-blown mania. I make no pretense of offering up ideas or answers that a million people haven't thought of, but after reading book six again it's got me thinking. And I could be right on and/or completely off base here, but here's what I'm thinking:
1. Snape is good. Not only is Snape good, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be Snape who helps Harry kill Voldemort....
2. Speaking of which, I think Harry WILL kill Voldemort. I have a hard time believing that JK Rowling will kill off Harry -- and if she does, I will be very, very unhappy. (But I really don't think she will -- it doesn't make much sense.)
3. Harry is a Horcrux. Doesn't this make so much sense? If I was Voldemort and split my soul into seven pieces, I'd totally put one piece into Harry, my bitterest of enemies. Also, doesn't this explain why Harry has such a "connection" to Voldemort? And why there is truth to the prophecy that in order for either of them to live, the other has to die?
4. Dumbledore is dead. Some people have talked about how they think he's really alive, but I just don't think so. This doesn't mean that he won't have an active role in Book Seven (being dead doesn't mean you're out of the picture in the wizarding world, after all), but I think he had to go in order for Harry to really come into his own.
5. Ron and Hermione will be together. Good lord, I hope so. Those two have enough sexual tension built up at this point they should really just shag and get it over with for chrissakes.
So, yeah. Perhaps all of this is obvious to you all, but that's what I think will happen. I'm sure I have other predictions lolling about in my head, but after an alcoholic beverage that's all I can remember. I'm taking an all-day reiki class tomorrow (10 hours!) so I won't be able to start reading until tomorrow night, but hopefully I'll be able to finish it without hearing about what happens. Not likely, but whatever. Even if someone runs down the street screaming about the ending, it'll still be a fabulous read. I can't believe it'll be over, though... how sad. :(
1 comment:
I love Harry Potter. I love you for loving Harry Potter. I can't wait to read the seventh book. God only knows when I'll have the time, but I'll fit it in somewhere.
Post a Comment