Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy Days

I've had some damn good days this week. Maybe it's because I'm 30 and totally wise and confident all of a sudden. Whatever it is, I'm taking it, no questions asked.

We're moving! That takes care of one of my New Year's resolutions: to find an apartment that is big enough and much more homey than our current place. Check! It's really nifty - there are 7 rooms (opposed to the 4 we have now), we've got outdoor space, washer/dryer, hardwood floors, and best of all it's across the street from FIVE good friends, plus one incredibly charming tot. That can't be beat, people.

Both of my jobs have been pretty good lately. I know how much I grumble about my professional development, and there's still a lot to be decided, but right at this moment things are good. I've had some wonderful, appreciate massage clients recently and have been more invested in that work. And as for the gig at Harvard, I've managed to procure some interesting projects -- one of which entails writing a yearly newsletter that gets sent out to over 100,000 women in our study. I've been intrigued about writing recently, especially science writing, so when my boss offered me this role I jumped at the chance. I attended a meeting today to discuss the contents of the newsletter, and got to meet (and sit directly next to) one of the preeminent nutritionists in the world. After I introduced myself to the group, he even told me, "You've come highly recommended as an editor." I totally blushed with pride! I can totally dig on some academia geekdom.

I've also started playing hockey with the team again, which is fantastic. Even though I've only been to a couple practices - and they've kicked my ass - I'm really excited to be back in the game again. A, if you're reading this, I can't wait to play with you and everyone else! It's a great team, and I'm psyched to have a regular exercise routine again.

I plan to ride this wave as long as it lasts. I rarely feel so confident and relaxed and joyful about life, so I want to milk it till the cows come home (heh!). Total bliss, I tell you.

No comments: