Thirty. 30. Three x ten. Entering my fourth decade on this planet. Weird.
The past few weeks I've had mixed feelings about it -- one part very much ready to leave behind my 20's (was I ever hip enough to be a "twenty-something?" I think not.) and one part freaking out because wasn't I supposed to have my dream job and two kids by now? Strangely enough, I feel neither of those things today - just mellow and calm and a little festive. The folks at Harvard were really nice, I got some flowers and balloons and cupcakes and Thai food for lunch. L and I are doing dinner and a movie tonight, which will be really nice. We're finally going to try out Con Sol for some Spanish/Portuguese fare, and go see Michael Clayton at the theater downtown. And then snowboarding on Saturday! Hopefully there will be snow on the mountain...
So yeah. No epiphanies or meltdowns, just a nice simple birthday. Which for me is saying a LOT since I usually dislike this day. Yay me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy birthday!
Post a Comment