Monday, January 21, 2008

Two food thoughts

#1. I've been wanting to experiment with cauliflower recently, as a) I never really know what to do with it, b) it's cheap, c) it lasts a long time in the fridge, and d) it's widely available throughout the winter. It also has some pretty good vitamins and nutrients, which is somewhat surprising given it's blanched color. There were several cauliflower recipes in the current issue of Eating Well Magazine, some of which looked better than others. Both L and I picked this one out to make, and totally loved it. It's super easy and the balsamic is a really nice, sweet addition. Yay!

#2. I have found a product that I don't think I can ever again live without. Which is too bad, because it's ohhhh so expensive. But this shit is worth every single penny. I treat it like gold, sipping up the extra residue that dribbles out of the can (you'd think if it was this good a product, they could design a better-functioning spout???). If any of you buy this stuff, please drizzle it over some caprese salad and add a little salt and pepper. And you will be in HEAVEN.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my good gracious - I need to try that cauliflower recipe!

BTW - my absolute favorite is just steaming cauliflower and putting a little bit of butter, salt and pepper on it. Super simple and I could eat it as a side with every single meal!

faye said...

Man, this isn't very healthy but there is this seared cauliflower at a mediterranean restaurant I go to...Just plain cauliflower, quickly seared...dipped in babaganoush, so yum.