

Last weekend the hubby and I were walking to the hardware store, and we walked past Salvation Army only to find FOUR pieces enamel cast iron dishware - two dutch ovens and two skillets. They were just sitting right in front of the store (which hadn't opened yet), so we totally yoinked them. It was as if fate was smiling down upon us, because we've been searching for a good cast iron dutch oven for about two years now. We both really wanted Le Creuset, but didn't want to spend the dough required... but lo and behold, one of the aformentioned dutch ovens and one of the aforementioned skillets are in fact Le Creuset. Unbelievable!
4 comments:
Has anyone seen my pots and pans? I was camping in front of Salvation Army, left to go to the bath room, and then they were gone!!!
:)
the best pot we ever bought was a le creuset dutch oven. We use it for everything, its awesome. You will not be disappointed! And you can't anyway, since it was free :)
-A
I can't even believe that someone would give them away. Maybe they accidentally dropped them on the way to my house to give them to me as presents.
(Yeah, cause why I really need is MORE le creuset, right?)
I'm so excited for you!
This brings to mind the best free thing I've ever come across: a GIANT bag of quality marijuana. NO joke. It was just sitting there on the snowy sidewalk in Montpelier. The greatest thing was that it was completely free, but unfortunately I have nothing to show for it now. (At the time, if you had given me a choice between pot or pots, I would have picked POT. What a reject I was!)
So I'd say your free "pot"s are a much better score. Seriously... I have a couple of Le Cruset's from the '80s and they are in perfect condition.
Post a Comment