Wake up, go to work, come home. Make dinner, eat dinner, do homework or go to class. Occasionally see some friends. Go away for the weekend or hurriedly try to catch up on laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping and bills. Figure out when I'll be able to play hockey (and I'm already two weeks late starting the season).
It seems each day is a replica of the last. But it's not bad; I think I've actually got a good thing going here. I work better when I have lots of structure in place to keep me from wandering too aimlessly. I regularly become a little panicky when I realize I have little free time, but it sure beats the panic of utter boredom. That I can't handle.
I'm excited to go skating again, and snowboarding too. I wish I could find a way to reliably insert some physical activity into my life. I suppose that's what hockey is for (or will be for). But I also want to include those other activities, and yoga and meditation too. Man, I wish I was one of those people who only needed five hours of sleep a night. Instead I require nine (and get about six or seven). Though I'm trying to get to bed earlier--I figure I can shoot for eight hours a night. I've actually done this for the past two nights in a row, and I'm far less tired during the day.
On that note, I'm going to start the lengthy process of getting to bed. Does this take other people forever too?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
one of the reasons I like bike commuting, is that it forces me to do at least some activity every day, even days I might try and laze myself out of it. For you, I know though, work isn't the easiest to bike to, is that right? One of my coworker's wives bikes from Arlington to Longwood (she works at Brigham) and seems to have an okay route for it.
I personally plan to do a *lot* of xc skiing this year if I can. And its free! (kind of, you need equipment) sometimes we go to resorts to ski (Bolton backcountry is the best, really) but sometimes we just head to the green mtn. national forest. We upgraded our skis and boots this year, if you wanted to borrow my old ones (are you a size 10 womens?) to try them, feel free! though I think Luke's feet are bigger than the mr.'s. Though we might have some old boots of my brother's around as well. I do like downhill, but its just so pricey its hard to enjoy it as much :)
why does it take a long time to go to bed? I shower before bed, so it takes me about 15min. (quick shower, brush teeth, sleep) but I do take a while in the am to get going (make lunch, putter, get dressed slowly, pack clothes in pannier, etc)
I hear you on the yoga thing though. I really should be going weekly to the Iyengar classes I like (arlington center or art and soul), but they aren't at great times, so I skip it. And then pay for it with mild injuries! Its so silly I don't do it, or at least do it more at home. I need to make it a routine, like biking to work I guess :)
Post a Comment