We just got back from a house inspection, and it has me totally fried. All I could do was flop on the couch and sit there, slack-jawed, until my fantastic husband made me a margarita. But I have a good feeling about this place... it's really nice, and has a cute little (shared) backyard. The process to get there just seems so extensive--who knew I would be googling the different kinds of foundations? The whole thing is exciting and daunting. I have mixed feelings, which is normal for me with any big decision in my life. (I'm just not one of those people who makes a decision and feels it 100%.) We've got a pretty sweet set-up right now, and that will be hard to leave. But this is a GOOD place, and it's a great time to buy... low mortgage rates, $8k cash back at tax time, fairly low prices for the Boston area. Geez, I'm sounding more and more like an adult. When the @#%^#@#$% did that happen?
Anyway, the inspection went well. There are some things that we will either need to fix or get the current owners to fix. But the inspector seemed pretty pleased with the place, which I took as a good sign. It was just 3 hours of learning more than I ever need to know about plumbing, electric work, foundations, masonry, termites, and heating systems. Ugh. I did learn a lot, though--hence the slack-jaw--so that's a good thing. I hope everything works out okay... there are still a few hurdles left. I feel positive, though. We could be homeowners in a few short months! Crazy talk, that is.
1 comment:
Exciting!!
Post a Comment