Ugh. I feel gross. I eat so much sugar, and it needs to stop. Didn't I used to be healthier at one point? Or is that just my imagination? Regardless, I want to find a way to feel healthier about myself again. Luckily our CSA just began so at least I'll get organic produce thrust in my direction on a regular basis. But maybe I need more of a plan than just that. Here are some ideas, in addition to the CSA aid:
1. More yoga. I want to check out a few teachers at O2, as well as go to Baptiste every now and then. It's a damn good workout at BPYI.
2. More physical activity in general. I don't know what my deal is lately, but all I want to do is sit around, watch vapid TV and eat sugary foods. Now that it's getting nicer out, I'll be able to bike a lot more again. It's just been such crappy weather all week I haven't felt inspired. At the very least I should use my bike trainer and ride in my living room when the weather sucks. Or go to yoga.
3. I need to figure out a way to replace eating so much dessert with something else. I can't just give it up cold turkey, that simply does not work for me. But M had a great idea that she said her mom does, and that's to make dessert be something along the lines of grilled fruit with a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Not totally out of control, but a hint of decadence. I might be able to work with that.
4. Start doing stairs again at work. For a while some of my colleagues and I were walking many flights of stairs every day, because we were taking part in a competition at work. We kept it up even after the competition ended, but we've lost steam in the past two weeks. I would like to start doing it again, though, because it's a great way to take a break from sitting at my desk for hours on end.
Any other suggestions? I'm all ears. I think part of the reason I haven't been feeling great lately is due to poor health habits. I gotta get back into it.
No comments:
Post a Comment