Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wow, it's been a while since I've written here. I can't believe it's already the end of September! We bought a condo, moved into the condo, I started a new class, and now I'm pregnant! Yes, the whole world can know... I'm just starting my second trimester and am feeling pretty decent. Mostly tired and lazy, though in the past couple weeks these raging headaches have started. Meh.

Even though everything in the past few months has been pretty whirlwind, I feel pretty at ease about it (which, for those of you who know me in real life, is relatively unheard of when many changes happen at once for me). I'm trying to take it all in stride and go with it instead of focusing on worrying if something will go wrong. For example, my job situation is a bit dull right now, but given all the other changes that have happened/will happen, I'm happy to stay put. It's a decent gig, isn't very taxing, and gives me lots of great benefits and flexibility. So I'm not worrying about it, just trying to relax in the positive things that it brings about.

It's funny, whenever a lot of stuff is happening in the 'real world' (i.e., not in my head), I don't need to write much. It's when everything externally stays the same that I become such a spaz in my head. Maybe it's just that human desire to create some drama in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lauren! Congratulations! You know, I've been checking your blog for a while now and I totally had this really strong feeling that you might be pregnant.

And guess what? I am too! I got married this summer and immediately pregnant . . . not really the plan but we are thrilled. Our little girl is due Feb 17 and it sounds like your baby will be coming around the same time? We'll have to have a baby playdate, especially if you come to reunion next summer?

I'm so happy for you!

Love,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

PS - I don't think I have your email anymore, but you should email me if you want, at carolyninmass@gmail.com