Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm going through a rough patch right now. It feels a little unfounded, since nothing that horrific is happening. I'm just feeling unsteady these days. It frustrates me to be so heavily at the whim of my emotions, because one minute I'm feeling terrific and the next I want to cry. Mostly I feel apathetic, though... maybe it's in response to all the hubbub around me: with a full-time job, a class, stuff around the house, getting ready for a baby, etc, all I want to do is sack out in front of the TV.

It's made worse by the fact that I'm having a hard time breathing, I'm so congested. I'm doing everything I can--doing sinus irrigation, putting on the humidifier at night, drinking loads of water, taking decongestants/antihistamines sometimes (even though I don't like to take them, I also don't want to feel sick/stressed, cause that's not good either), and still my coworkers are like, 'Man, you sound really stuffy... are you feeling okay?' It all ends up making me feel so tired and lazy. Stupid hormones.

I think it will help to get back to yoga and kirtan and art. I need somewhere to funnel these emotions--or lack thereof--in a relaxing, beneficial way. Because right now it feels like a huge effort just to call my friends or do the dishes. Not because I don't want to; it's just too hard. And that ain't right.

1 comment:

Miss Nelson said...

Lauren... figure out a way to make those hormones work for you. Art and organization are a great outlet! So is crying for no reason... love that aspect of pregnancy.

I hope your nasal situation improves with time. Try to remember that it's all temporary.
Keep writing and updating.
xoxo
m