Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Days 9 and 10

Day 9 (from what I remember... seems like a long time ago):

Breakfast: Dried mango slices (unsulfured and unsweetened), raisins
Lunch: Potato and artichoke gratin, more mango slices
Snacks: PB and rice cakes, finished off the mango slices (I can't believe I ate the whole thing!), two pieces of fruit leather
Dinner: Potato and artichoke gratin

Exercise: 25 minutes walking, in damn cold weather

Water intake: about 50 ounces

Sleep: 7 hours

Today was a hard day for me, emotionally. I was really sad and melancholy all day, and cried a lot during the evening. Cristi's death is just going to take me a really long time to process - that's okay, but troubling because it's hard to be sad for so long.

Day 10

Breakfast: Banana
Snack: Raisins
Lunch: Vegetarian chili over quinoa
Snacks: PB and rice cakes, tabouli
Dinner: Red lentil and coconut soup (M, I just HAD to buy it after dropping you off - it is delicious!), and some mixed olives

Exercise: Not good, only about 30 minutes massaging

Water intake: Still working on it, about 40 ounces so far

Sleep: 7 hours, plus or minus

So all I can think about is what I plan to eat this weekend. Seems like the Detox Team is unanimously ending it prior to the weekend, which I think we deserve. Two weeks is a damn long time, and it's sort of anticlimactic to end on Sunday night. So Friday night it is! Straight away I want cheese, dark chocolate, strawberry shortcake, ice cream, burritos, pasta w/ red sauce. Well, at least at some point during the weekend. I don't want my body to freak out TOO much.

And I've been slacking on the herbs, mostly on purpose. I've pretty much given up the Sweetish bitters at this point, but am still taking the others. I've forgotten the rejuve powder a couple of times, but mostly still take it.

I went to Whole Foods this evening after dropping off M (to buy the red lentil coconut soup), and I also made a few purchases to enjoy when I'm done detoxing. There was a sample cart with smoothies/juices, and I tried the only one with no sugar in it. I started talking to the woman behind the cart about detoxing, etc... then some other dude joined us and we had a very lovely conversation about food, lactose interolance, etc. He said he was so lactose intolerant he had to give everything up - but drinks/eats goat milk products instead. He recommended this yogurt (which I bought) from Chatham Farms - it's goats milk, and is maple-flavored! And the cart lady said that the store also carries water buffalo yogurt, so I bought some of that too. I'll give 'em a try this weekend. Oh, and I had to buy a bottle of red wine - one of my staples (Ca' Del Solo, Big House Red) was on sale.

And I'm pretty pooped from the day, so am planning to settle in front of the tube to watch 'Gosford Park'. G'night, all.

No comments: