Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wow, I'm really shocked that Proposition 8 passed. I never would have thought California to be capable of such a thing. What a sad, sad part of an otherwise spectacular election day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of my Californian friends are in shock.

But did you hear what Melissa Etheridge had to say about it? She said, "If I'm not allowed the same right (to marry) under the state constitution as any other citizen ... I am taking that to mean I do not have to pay my state taxes, because I am not a full citizen."

faye said...

Long time no talk! How are you? I was very surprised that prop 8 passed as well, and wonder what will be/is the final word on marriages that were begun before it passed. And, have you watched the View lately? It turns into a really interesting conversation when you watch the story about the pregnant man who is legally a man and legally married, but had a baby and is pregnant with another. I think this is getting too messy (in a good way) for people to continue to try to legislate morality!

Can you even believe who our president is going to be? Hooray!!!